|Ryan and Chrissie Newman
welcomed Brooklyn Sage
on Nov. 18, 2010.
In 2010, the Sprint Cup drivers’ lot turned into Romper Room.
And it’s not because Kyle Busch and Brad Keselowski got into a play fight.
There was a bona fide baby boom in NASCAR that set this season apart. At last count, a whopping seven babies were born to drivers and their wives – and there’s one due at the end of this year.
1. Jimmie Johnson and wife Chandra welcomed Genevieve Marie.
2. To Jeff Gordon and Ingrid was born Leo Benjamin.
3. Mr. and Mrs. Carl Edwards said hello to little Anne Edwards.
4. Elliott and Amanda Sadler became the proud parents of Wyatt Herman Fritts Sadler.
5. Juan Pablo and Connie Montoya added baby Manuela to their family.
6. Ryan and Krissie Newman welcomed Brooklyn Sage.
7. Carter Scott was born to Jamie and Christy McMurray.
8. Finally, Sam Hornish Jr. and his wife Crystal are expecting to end the year with the birth of their second child.
And for the record, all those skeptics who claimed Johnson would be adversely affected by the stress of fatherhood, now don’t have a leg to stand on.