10. One certain Lionel Racing employee will channel his inner 1970s self by sporting a retro look featuring mutton chops and a Fu Manchu mustache. The word on the street is that he’ll also be wearing throwback garb.
9. Find out which drivers can’t handle “The Lady in Black” and have to leave town with the infamous “Darlington Stripe.”
8. Whenever Bojangles’ is the race sponsor, you know there’s bound to be some of their delicious fried chicken, biscuits and sweet tea nearby! At Darlington Raceway, it’s always “Bo Time.”
7. Speaking of food — the choices and tastes are insane! Those Pimento Cheese sandwiches, Brasington Bites and Southern 500 Egg Rolls are seriously off the hook.
6. Line the streets of Darlington, S.C., for the Southern 500 Parade on Saturday, Sept. 3. Get your fill of everything NASCAR without having to move from your spot as NASCAR legends, current drivers, beauty queens, marching bands and much, much more pass by your spot along the route.
5. The Brady Bunch‘s Greg Brady (aka Barry Williams) will deliver the “National Anthem” before this year’s Bojangles’ Southern 500. Yes, you heard correctly, the “Greg Brady!”
4. Jam out to “Carry on Wayward Son” and “Dust in the Wind” by KANSAS during the pre-race concert presented by GEICO. After more than 200 weeks on the Billboard charts and 15 studio albums, KANSAS will definitely get everyone in the mood for racing.
3. A hall-of-fame triumvirate of Grand Marshals for the Bojangles’ Southern 500, which includes NASCAR Hall of Fame Class of 2017 members Richard Childress, Rick Hendrick and Mark Martin.
2. Cale Yarborough back in a race car! Now, that’s worth the price of admission alone even if it’s only the pace car.
And the No. 1 reason why the 2016 Bojangles’ Southern 500 will rock:
Where else can you step back in time and see so many awesome throwback paint schemes on track all at the same time?